Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Daijoubu

Two full nights out this weekend has made me a little tired. Gotta love those 5:00-6:00 am trains though. I actually fell asleep on the train (typical Japanese businessman-style) Saturday morning and missed my stop (twice) and had to go all the way back from Takadanobaba on the Seibu-Shinjuku line. It was the local train, too! UGH. It took me about 2 hours to get home and at 8:00 am I was finally ready to go to sleep. Saturday night we went to a club in Shibuya called the Liquid Room where this notable DJ of house music and another singer were performing. We got on the VIP list because my friend knew someone who knew the coordinator of the party. It was a good time. Monday night (we have Tuesday off this week because it's a holiday) we went to karaoke in Shinjuku and then stumbled around town afterwards. My friends and I found ourselves in one of the red-light districts and saw a slew of love hotels (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_hotel) and Nigerian pimps. We walked around that area for a while and then got bored with the scenery. There isn't really too much else to say. We just did the usual all-night wacky, random stuff for the rest of the evening/morning.

I'm hoping to go to Nagano this Winter for skiing and way up to Hokkaido to see the ice festival. I'm not sure when I'll make it out towards Osaka or Kyoto, but I have time. My good friend, Noah, will be coming to Japan in a couple of days. He's doing the same kind of work as me and he'll be about an hour or so away by bullet train. I'm sure fun times will ensue.

A couple new pictures are up: http://flickr.com/photos/29247809@N06/.

P.S. My cousin just got her assignment for the Peace Corps! She leaves for Lesotho, Africa in November and will be there for a couple of years. Awesome! You can check out her blog at http://nicann8.blogspot.com/.